Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spain, Portugal and Africa

Still have golf travel on my mind with Portugal and Spain in the forefront. While I set foot on a number of golf courses during my trip to Portugal nearly two years ago, I never struck a single golf ball. I think it's time I made up for that transgression.

As for a golf break in Spain, I'd really like to find out what's going on in the country that produced Sergio Garcia and Seve Ballesteros.

Being in that part of Southern Europe would also give me the chance to head over to Africa where I've never been. I like the idea of teeing it up on another continent. The Royal Country Golf Club that dates back to 1917 and is located in Tangier, is a parkland style layout designed by Frank Pennink and Henry Cotton, then renovated by Peter Harradine.

According to this website, it the oldest course in the country and the layout "winds its way through cypress, pine and eucalyptus trees while crossing the mountain, sloping down and climbing again. It provides panoramic views over the white town of Tangier and the Straits of Gibraltar."

Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment