Sunday, May 23, 2010

Golfdom (including me) Wins TOCA Award


Golfdom magazine, for which I'm a regular contributor, took home, as usual, a number of awards at the annual Turf & Ornamental Communicator Association's 21st annual meeting held in Tucson, Ariz., recently.

In the past 10 years, Golfdom has won more editorial and design awards combined than any other magazine covering the green industry, including golf course maintenance.

Kudos, once again, to Larry Aylward, Golfdom's editor in chief.

I was part of the award for Best Series, which went to "Water Wise." Besides Aylward and me, Christopher S. Gray Sr. and John Walsh were also honored.

My contribution to the series was, "Architects Have the Answers," where I interviewed Pete Dye (my first time talking with him), John Fought, Mike Hurdzan and Brian Silva about the role of architects in helping golf courses conserve water.

(Pictured is the par-3 15th hole at the Silva-designed Renaissance Golf Club in Haverhill, Mass.)


No comments:

Post a Comment